American Academy For Girls is proud to partner with Leela's Lunches, our school lunch provider.
Leela’s lunches are an award-winning nursery and school catering service that prepares fresh, wholesome, ready to eat hot meals and delivers them straight to your child’s classroom. We are delighted to partner with them because of their superior and clearly demonstrable health philosophy, scratch made delicious meals and snacks, and the commitment to sustainability they showcase in their ingredients and packaging.
Why Leela's Lunches?
- Range of healthy breakfasts, lunches, sides, and snacks designed by Leela’s lunches in-house nutritionist and chefs.
- Portion sizes for the meals are as specified by AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics).
- Food delivered in eco-friendly biodegradable bagasse packaging.
- Please note that Leela’s lunches cater for allergies including dairy free, gluten free, bean free etc.
We at AAG believe that food and nutrition are an integral part of supporting children and helping them develop healthy habits for life. Our catering partner’s health philosophy strongly encourages this:
- All foods are made fresh and from scratch. Fresh fruit and vegetables form the basis of every recipe, even where you cannot taste them. No shortcuts/ preservatives/ additives.
- Wholegrains are prioritized to enhance the fibre content of each meal/ snack. The grains used are wholewheat, oat, spelt, amaranth and rice.
- Sweet snacks are sweetened naturally with dates or whole fruit instead of sugar.
- All foods that need organic/ hormone and antibiotic free/ free range certification (eg. Meat, poultry, dairy, eggs, leafy greens) are procured as such through vetted and trusted suppliers.
To sign up, parents must simply do the following:
- Log on to https://www.leelaslunches.com/payment.html and created an account using your registered email address
- An activation link will be sent to the email and a password can be created
- Parents can add credit to their individual cashless card account. And that’s it, your child is all set to avail of the fantastic meals and snacks on offer!
- The cashless card will be provided to the children on day 1, which they can then use to purchase items from the canteen.
- The account will be automatically debited, and the parents can top up the account at any time.
- The prices of items range from AED 8 – AED 18.
The following categories will always be available:
- Meat / veg hot meal of the day
- Hot and cold sandwiches & wraps
- Healthy sweets
- Organic juices
- Savory snacks
For queries, please feel free to email: [email protected]